Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Grillin' at Backyard Burgers

Had a smashing fun weekend while playing badminton with my friends at Badminton World. I haven't really played badminton for a few years now so after more than an hour playing I was dead tired and hungry like crazy. My friend, Taynee and I thought to just eat a quick snack - burgers - since its too early to eat dinner so we decided to go to Backyard Burgers.



Backyard Burgers boasts of a full American styled burger and have two stores in Davao City: one is located on Quirino is inside the Pard's Lot across the street from the ICOHNS tower while the other one is on Tulip drive in Ecoland - and we ate on their Quirino branch since it was just a few blocks away from Badminton World. 


*Quirino branch

I've been eyeing this store for sometime now since I always pass by in this area (which is facing the highway) when I go to work but I never had the time to actually dine there. I am not really a burger person but I've been seeing a lot of photos and heard about a lot of good feed backs about Backyard Burgers that made me want to try it out. 

Backyard Burgers has its own menu of specialty burgers but they also have a "create your own burger" special wherein as the name implies, customers get to choose what type of patty and ingredients do they want and how rare is the patty steak gonna be. The "create /customize your burger"  is not a new idea but I still love it since I believe there's not that much of burgers chains in Davao that offers that option in their menu especially, with the type of variety that BB offers.

I didn't create my own burger though when I was there (~kekeke after all the talk I made I still haven't tried it yet) because as I mentioned, we were hungry like crazy so we just opted to select from their specialty burgers. 

I ordered BB Yard Cheesy Steak Burger ..

..while my friend had the BB Yard Bacon Burger.



..and we loved it. All I can say is, that's what a burger patty or a burger really is - forget about McDo burgers or the Jolibee champ. It was a perfect combination of a deliciously grilled full meat patty, fresh tomatoes,lettuce and onion together with a very sweet and creamy cheese.  We were full *patting stomach* after eating it as if we ate a full meal, and it made me love burgers. 



*menu

Good food is partnered with a good drink but for now they just offer canned drinks for coke, sprite and bottled water. They do have a water dispenser but the water I got was not cold (dont know if it was broken when we were there or they turned it off) and they do have an ice box but only melted ice = water was there so it was of no use.  Though the main product they offer is without a question - very delicious and satisfying - I just hope they provide more variety on the drinks they sell. 


If you want to check what specialty burgers they have feel free to visit their sites.

Backyard Burger Website: http://davaoburgers.com
BB Facebook Page:           http://www.facebook.com/BackyardBurgersCentral


4 comments:

  1. nice, dapat inig uli sab nako diha imong dad-on diha. Love burgers gyud XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. basta ikaw no problem mars!! :D
    uli daun!
    maexpire man gud ni ako offer..
    hantod November lng! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this fabulous review :) PLease do come back to see us again at Backyard Burgers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very much welcome... I'll definitely do so. honestly, backyard burgers is my fave burger shop in Davao.. you have the right balance of bun and pattie! :)

      Delete