Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Surigao 4: Britania Group of Islands ♥



The last stop in our Surigao adventure is the Britania Group of Islands and this place is LOVE!

Located in San Agustin in Surigao del Sur, Britania boasts of 24 islets all with oh-so-fine white sandy shores and pristine blue-green waters. Don't worry if you visit Britania without any reservations set up (like us) cause there are a lot of tour boats lined up that you can rent on the spot.



As our boat was coasting along the waves, I adore how water alternates from deep blue to a very clear blue green tone then light blue - I've been through a fair share of beaches but its my first time seeing such an array of color.



True that during the whole trip I've seen such breathtaking, oh-so-remote sceneries for the first time like the majestic Tinuy-an falls or the awe inspiring color and depth of Echanted river whereas Britania just showcases its islands and beaches that are rather "commonplace" (as compared to the other two) in the country - but I do so looooove beaches and its sandy shores!! 


I think that my friends and the Capilitan family also have the same thoughts as I have because as we landed on our first island, the expression - "felt like a kid left in candy shop" became the perfect description to everyone there. Though we were already a bit trip from traipsing all over Surigao, we were energize upon seeing the vista. We came bounding off the boat then came running along the shoreline while some rushed and dived headlong to the water. Ahhhhh.. refreshing! :)


Some islets don't really have shores and some are private so one can't really stop by all 24 islets but seeing them from afar is enough to make me happy because they remind me of cupcakes. We've only been through 4 islets.. the last one was really my favorite because two islands were connected by a narrow strip of sand that one can walk through if the tide was low.  ~weeeee


/


I just love Britania and Surigao its really worth that 8 hours of travel and now that the sun is setting we have to start our drive back home *another 8 hours there whew*. Its more fun in the Philippines indeed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment