Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Surigao 2: Hinatuan's Enchanted River


In continuation to my 24 hour Surigao adventure, after a fun dip and quick breakfast at the magnificent Tinuy-an Falls, we went to our next stop (the one I am most excited about) - the Enchanted River.



According to the locals, the river was named as such because it was believed that "engkantos" are responsible for the mystical beauty and depth. Its really a sight to see for me since its the first time I've seen a water as blue and clear as that in Enchanted River. There's a very deep hole in the river and it kinda freaks me out to look into it, it feels as if I will see something staring me back up to me from the void.. ~kekeke..






Several pro divers tried to but was unsuccessful to reach the bottom of the river - thus it really is DEEP! But don't let that scare you into enjoy swimming in the river because the staff provides life jackets for anyone and for any age and there are also about two to three (that I noticed during my visit) lifeguards patrolling around the length of the river. 




For those who would like to visit this haven better make sure that you arrive before or stay until the fish feeding time. Fishes of different sizes and colors that reside deep inside the crater comes out once the feeding music is played and a staff carries diced squid to feed the fishes. Its a fun sight because on regular hours you can't see any fishes while swimming and once the music plays they just come swimming up to the surface. Its really a must see.



The place is beautifully maintained - its very clean, the life jackets all look like new, everything looks like newly painted. It might be far to go to but once your there it water and the place itself totally soothes the soul with its full grown trees, white sand and deep azure waters. Its definitely nature at its finest.



0 comments:

Post a Comment